Community Golf focuses on providing much needed physical activity using golf as it’s vehicle, through a “no-frills” inclusive approach across a variety of products.
A Sessional Golf Activator is suited to individuals who are self motivated, professional, have an enthusiastic proactive approach, ability and willingness to work flexible hours (may include evenings and weekends), enjoy working with a variety of people (aged between 2 and 104), have experience with facilitating sports sessions with a basic knowledge and/or interest in golf/sport/physical activity/health.
Sessional Golf Activators are an essential part of providing positive golf activity experiences, raising aspirations amongst all participants and promoting individual exercise achievement. They will support and deliver a range of Community Golf products within the community, including term-time curriculum and after school sessions, holiday sessions, seasonal weekend Golf in the Park, one off-events, 60+, dementia, learning and physical disability specific projects.
Reporting to the project co-ordinator of each programme, the number of hours will vary from person to person dependent on availability; you will work as self-employed for an agreed range of hours and be paid an hourly rate, based upon experience.
- Sports coaching / teaching background (you do not need to be a golfer or regularly play golf)
- Knowledge and interest in golf/sport/physical activity/health
- Knowledge of planning and delivering high quality sessions within a safe learning environment
- Knowledge and experience to work independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge and experience of working/coaching within a school environment
- Knowledge and experience of working with grassroots / community initiatives
- Knowledge and experience of monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to set up and deliver high quality sessions to all age ranges
- To deliver golf sessions appropriate to the age and ability of the participants
- To produce and evaluate session plans across a range of programmes as required
- To record and report accurate programme specific monitoring and evaluation data as required
- To carry out risk assessments and report any incidents / accidents to Project Co-ordinator immediately
- All aspects of the health and safety of participants throughout sessions, activities and events
- Site and team compliance in line with all Community Golf policies and procedures
- To assist in the promotion of Community Golf activities including social media
- To attend training courses continuing professional development as required
In addition, Sessional Golf Activators should have the following:
- Experience of working with children
- Sports Coaching qualification
- Safeguarding Children Certificate
- Emergency First Aid
- An enhanced DBS check and/or no convictions. (mandatory)
- Drivers licence with own transport (preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Basic computer and competent administration skills in order to meet league requirement
- An attitude to going the extra mile and exceeding expectations
- Have a storage area suitable to store golf equipment
At Community Golf we strive to deliver service excellence and set high standards in everything that we do and expect this from all team members.
- Flexible hours to suit your lifestyle
- A career path within Community Golf
- Community Golf clothing and equipment
- Ongoing training and mentoring programme
- Be part of a team of passionate people making a difference!
To join us at Community Golf, please apply by sending us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Salary||£15 - £20 an hour|
|Hours||Flexible Hours Monday to Sunday|